$70,000 O’Brien Fellowship Marquette University helps new professionals dig deep while mentoring student journalists. The program honors Marquette alumni Alicia and Perry O’Brien.
For the 2022/23 O’Brien Fellowship in Public Service Journalism, the application portal are now opened.
Scholarships and Fellowships
Number of Available Scholarships
To be eligible for this award, you must have the following as qualification:
- Be a staff employed or independent journalist from the United States or its territories
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience and produce journalism regularly as an employee or a freelancer
- Be connected to either print operations, radio, television, website, podcast, online, publications, wire services or magazines of general public interest.
- No academic prerequisites
- $70,000 Stipend as salary for nine months. It’ll be paid directly to the sponsoring organisation or to a fellow independent journalist.
- Up to $40,00 to singles and $60,00 for the married with a child, $7,000 for a fellow with two children and $8,000 for a fellow with three children and above. This is a residency allowance based on family requirements for fellow moving into the Milwaukee Metropolitan area for the period of the Fellowship.
- Up to $8,000 allowances for travel and allowances.
All aspiring candidates should submit their official online application form so as to link the supporting document of application and also could contact Program Director, Dave Umhoefer on [email protected]
Likewise Kindly visit the official website of the Marquette University for further information.
Find Out More scholarship That Fits You? See other scholarships here.