This is to bring to your notice the application window for AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at accredited Universities
- International Students are eligible
- All Masters and Doctoral applicants are eligible for the AAUW International Fellowships
Women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for AAUW International Fellowships, which are grants for full-time study or research in the country. At recognized American universities, graduate and postgraduate study are supported.
A recipient is chosen based on their academic success and a track record of supporting women and girls. Those who get awards go on to lead in business, politics, academia, community action, the arts, and the sciences when they return to their native countries.
Application deadline is November 15, 2022 for the AAUW International Fellowships
The AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for the AAUW International Fellowships
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowship: $18,000
- Doctoral Fellowship: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24 is primarily for Masters and Doctoral programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24
- Previous beneficiaries of any national fellowship or grant offered by AAUW are not eligible for international fellowships (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants). Fellowship and grant applications are not accepted from board members and executives of the AAUW. If an AAUW employee or volunteer with decision-making power wants to apply for an award, they must abstain from making the decision.
- Reapplicants who are rejected are welcome.
- The following requirements must be met by candidates in order to be eligible for an international fellowship:
- possess a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the US or have citizenship in a nation other than the US. Women who presently have the status of U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another nation, or who anticipate doing so during the fellowship year, are ineligible.
- possess an academic degree (obtained in the US or overseas) that, when finished by November 15, 2022, would be comparable to a US bachelor’s degree.
- intends to focus solely on the suggested academic schedule throughout the fellowship year.
- intends to go back to her own country in order to seek a job there
- Be able to speak English well. Unless the applicant can prove that English is her first language (a written declaration is required), that her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree was earned from an English-speaking institution (a transcript is required), or that she will have finished one semester of full-time study in her field at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021, all of which are requirements (transcript required)
- A current ETS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score is required from the applicant (no older than November 2019). Institutional TOEFL scores and results from other English language testing programs (like IELTS) won’t be recognized. Minimum acceptable score: 60 for the Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test; 550 for the Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT); 79 for the Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT).
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must have submitted applications by November 15, 2020, to approved institutions of higher learning for the fellowship year and must include the institution’s name in their international fellowship application.
- Fellowships for master’s or first professional degrees are available for J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., and other professional degrees as well as medical degrees like M.D., D.D.S.
- Doctoral degrees, such a Ph.D. or an Ed.D., are eligible for doctoral scholarships.
- By November 15, 2019, postdoctoral candidates must have a doctorate that is categorized as a research degree (such as a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or D.M.) or have an M.F.A., and they must also state where they plan to conduct their research.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must be enrolled at an American institution that is accredited by the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
- GWI members may be eligible for a small number of prizes for study or research abroad in any nation other than their own. Keep in mind that international divisions of American institutions are regarded as being located abroad.
- The applicant must be engaged in full-time study or research. No partial year of study or research is financially supported by an international fellowship. Programs that wrap up before the next year’s April are not eligible.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- If the deadline occurs on a weekend, applications, supporting materials, and recommendations will be received the following business day. The real submission deadline will be noted on the online application and recommendation.
- Follow the link below to apply
Please click the AAUW International Fellowships for Women, USA 2023-24, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the AAUW International Fellowship for Women, USA ?
- It is a Masters and Doctoral position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at accredited Universities
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here