This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-24 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is full
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- all courses
- International students are eligible
- All Fellowship applicants are eligible
The Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program for 2023-24 offers an extraordinary opportunity for scholars passionate about advancing gender equality in education across the Global South. Hosted by the Center for Universal Education at the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC, this six-month Visiting Fellowship empowers local leaders to drive positive change. Scholars engage in individual research projects aimed at enhancing learning outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming individuals. They also develop crucial leadership and evidence-based policy skills, deepen their understanding of global education and gender issues, and broaden their avenues for making a lasting impact.
Following the fellowship, scholars become part of the Echidna Global Scholars Alumni Network, a dynamic community committed to exerting meaningful and sustained influence on transformative education, both globally and within their respective regions. The Echidna Global Scholars Program exemplifies a dedication to strengthening the capabilities of leaders working towards gender equality in education. Through this immersive fellowship, scholars not only conduct impactful research but also acquire essential skills and knowledge to effect positive change. This program stands as a beacon for scholars dedicated to fostering inclusive and transformative education, offering a unique platform for collaborative and influential endeavors in the global education landscape.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2023.
Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-245 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
- These scholarships are for students whose research is in harmony with one of the University’s Global Challenges, such as Thriving Communities, Climate Change, and Geopolitical Security etc
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- Stipend Amount: Fellows chosen for this program will receive a stipend of $22,500 USD. This financial support is intended to cover living expenses throughout both the pre-residency and residency phases. Please note that this stipend is subject to U.S. tax withholding and reporting.
- Visa Process Coverage: The costs linked to the visa application process will be shouldered by CUE. This means that selected fellows will not have to bear any expenses associated with obtaining the necessary visa for participation.
- Housing Arrangements: CUE will arrange for single-occupancy housing for the duration of the three-and-a-half-month residency period. This accommodation will be provided to ensure a comfortable and conducive living environment for fellows during this critical phase of the program.
- Travel Expenses: CUE will also take care of round-trip travel expenses for selected fellows. This includes covering the costs of transportation to and from the residency location, allowing fellows to focus on their research without financial burden.
- Health Insurance: Fellows will benefit from a limited health insurance plan, provided by CUE. This coverage is designed to offer necessary medical support during the program, ensuring the well-being of participants.
Overall, this Fellowship offers a comprehensive support package, encompassing stipends, visa assistance, housing, travel, and health insurance. This holistic approach is aimed at enabling fellows to fully immerse themselves in their research and make the most of this valuable opportunity.
The Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-24 is for Fellowship applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-24:
- Mid-Career Leaders: Prospective applicants should be individuals at the mid-career stage, possessing extensive experience, and a proven dedication to enhancing educational opportunities and life prospects for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming individuals within the Global South.
- Relevant Background: Candidates should have a professional background in fields such as education, development, public policy, economics, or related areas within the social sciences or humanities. This experience equips them with the necessary knowledge and expertise to contribute effectively.
- Educational Qualifications: A minimum requirement for applicants is a Master’s degree or a higher academic qualification. This educational foundation is crucial in ensuring candidates have the necessary intellectual grounding to engage effectively in this field.
- Global South Affiliation: Candidates should demonstrate a substantial connection to a country within the Global South. This may be through previous work experience, personal ties, or a clear intention to return and continue contributing to the region’s development through education.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Cover Letter’s Impact Statement: Clearly outline how the program will positively influence both your personal life and the well-being of your community. Highlight the transformative potential of the program in your cover letter.
- Program Goals and Intentions: Articulate your specific objectives and intentions for participating in the program. Explain how these goals align with the program’s mission and how you plan to contribute to its success.
- CV or Resume: Provide a comprehensive document detailing your educational background and professional experience. Include information about any publications, fellowships, honors, awards, funded research, or foundation support you have received.
- Document Format: Ensure that your cover letter and CV or resume are submitted as a single document, following the specified format: Last Name_First Name_document name (e.g., Doe_Jane_CV).
- Submission Instructions: Follow the application instructions precisely. Access the designated section for the “Writing sample” and upload your combined cover letter and CV or resume as directed.
- Include Educational History: Detail your academic journey, emphasizing relevant qualifications and achievements that demonstrate your suitability for the program.
- Highlight Professional Experience: Showcase your work history, emphasizing roles and responsibilities that align with the program’s focus areas.
- List Publications: Provide a clear list of any publications you have authored or contributed to, demonstrating your expertise in your field.
- Acknowledge Honors and Awards: Mention any accolades, fellowships, honors, or awards you have received, underscoring your excellence in your academic or professional pursuits.
- Emphasize Research Support: Include information about any funded research projects or foundation support you have received, showcasing your ability to secure resources for impactful work.
Please click the Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Fully Funded Echidna Global Scholars Program, USA
- It is a Fellowship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Center for Universal Education.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here