This is to bring to your notice the application window for Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is full
- They take all courses at Participating Universities
- International Students are eligible
- All Undergraduate applicants are eligible
Over the course of the program, 3,000 students have participated as of 2018. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is continuing its long-standing commitment to assisting exceptional minority students from low-income homes to reach their full potential with the introduction of this program in 2017. This esteemed scholarship program is founded on data showing that removing financial barriers to higher education can help high-potential, low-income minority students succeed in their academic studies.
Outstanding minority high school graduates from low-income families are eligible for The Gates prize (TGS), a highly selective, last-dollar prize. The scholarship is given out annually to outstanding student leaders with the goal of assisting them in reaching their full potential.
Application deadline is September 15, 2022
The Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- As established by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or by the college or university a Scholar attends, the complete cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the anticipated family contribution will be covered by financing for the Scholar.
- The cost of attendance consists of tuition, fees, housing & board, books, and transportation, as well as any additional personal expenses.
Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24 is primarily for Undergraduate programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24
- senior year in high school
- at least one of the aforementioned racial groups: American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander, African-American, Hispanic, or
- a national of the US, a citizen, or a permanent resident
- in excellent standing academically with a cumulative weighted GPA of no less than 3.3 on a scale of 4.0. (or equivalent)
- A student must also have plans to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a private, public, or not-for-profit college or university in the US that is accredited and that is not for profit.
- *For American Indian and Alaska Native applicants, documentation of tribe enrollment is necessary.
- A stellar high school scholastic record (top 10% of their graduating class);
- Showed leadership potential (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional abilities for personal achievement (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- To apply, visit The Gate Scholarship page below.
- To learn more, go to the TGS website.
Please click the Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA 2023-24, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Fully Funded Gates Scholarships for Undergraduate Students, USA ?
- It is a Undergraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at selected universities
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here