This is to bring to your notice the application window for the International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take economics, statistics and whole other fresh PhD courses at Center for Effective Global Action
- International students are eligible
- All PhD studies applicants are eligible
The Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) offers a fantastic opportunity, the CEGA Fellowship Program for African Researchers, Resident and Non-Resident Individuals, for the academic year 2023–2024, to support and help students with financial requirements.
See also: International Scholarships at Kesmonds International University, USA 2023-24
High-achieving African scholars with a Master’s or PhD within the previous eight years or who are engaged in a PhD program in economics, statistics, epidemiology, public health, or another social scientific field are eligible for this fellowship program. The fellowship offers up to five non-resident fellows and seven resident fellows.
Application deadline February 23, 2023.
International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- Public health
- Social science courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi, South Sudan, Uganda, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte D’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Somalia, and Cameroon
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The chosen candidates will get $5,000 to establish institutional capacity to carry out rigorous evaluations and teach others in impact assessment techniques. They will also receive pilot research grants between $7,000 and $10,000 to carry on with the fellowship-developed work.
- Additionally, candidates will be able to submit applications for bigger research grants of up to $75,000 to carry out an impact assessment that responds to a crucial issue in East or West Africa’s economic growth.
International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24 is primarily for PhD program program students.
Number of Awards
Seven for Resident fellows, up to five for Non-Resident
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24:
- Candidates must be citizens of one of the following nations: East Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi, South Sudan, Uganda), Anglophone West Africa (Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Somalia, and Cameroon), Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sen
- Students must speak English well;
- they are now enrolled in a PhD program in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public health, or another social science field, or they have just finished a Master’s or PhD;
- They are now affiliated with a research center, university, or other organization in East or West Africa, especially one that encourages quantitative social science research with policy implications;
- Only Residents: After receiving a resident fellowship at Northwestern University or UC Berkeley, intend to go back to a research center in East or West Africa. Scholars may finish their PhD before returning to Africa if they are now enrolled in a PhD program outside of the continent.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- The following data and files must be submitted electronically through the application site in order to be considered for this award.
- supporting records The following papers must be presented by the students:
- Individual Statement (one page)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Analysis Proposal
- Evidence of Leave Approval indicating support and stating that, if chosen, the applicant will be permitted to take a 4-month leave of absence from work from the applicant’s supervisor or department chair.
- Two referees’ names and contact information
- OPTIONAL: One working paper or publication may be attached.
- Candidates must currently be affiliated with a research institution, university, or other research organization in East or West Africa, especially one that promotes quantitative social science research that is important to policy.
- The ability to speak English well is a must for applicants.
Please click the International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
International PhD Fellowships at Center for Effective Global Action, USA ?
- It is a PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at Center for Effective Global Action.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here