This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25:
- Funding is not full
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- Not applicable
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
The Peace Studies Scholarship for the academic year 2024-25 in the USA presents a unique opportunity for individuals committed to advancing their understanding of peace-related issues. This scholarship program, designed to foster academic excellence and contribute to the field of peace studies, offers financial support to deserving scholars. With a focus on promoting peacebuilding efforts and conflict resolution, the scholarship aims to empower recipients to engage in impactful research and initiatives that contribute to global peace and stability.
As part of the scholarship, successful candidates will have the chance to immerse themselves in a rich academic environment, gaining insights from leading experts in the field of peace studies. The program not only provides financial assistance but also serves as a platform for scholars to collaborate, share ideas, and develop the skills necessary to make meaningful contributions to the pursuit of peace. The Peace Studies Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year stands as a testament to the commitment to nurturing future leaders in the realm of peace studies, creating a positive impact on both local and global scales.
- The application deadline is December 15, 2023.
Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
- Not applicable
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- Comprehensive Financial Support:
- Admitted students benefit from a full tuition scholarship, alleviating the financial burden of tuition expenses.
- Generous Stipend for Cost-of-Living:
- Students receive a generous stipend specifically designed to cover the cost of living in South Bend, ensuring financial stability during their academic pursuits.
- Inclusive Health Insurance:
- Health insurance coverage is included, prioritizing the well-being of students and providing comprehensive health support.
- Additional Funding for Conference Travel:
- Students have access to additional funding allocated for conference travel, facilitating their participation in academic events and fostering networking opportunities.
- Funding for Research Activities:
- The program provides supplementary funding dedicated to supporting students’ research activities, encouraging and enabling scholarly exploration.
The Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25 is for PhD applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25:
- Education Requirement:
- Applicants need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, whether domestic or international, for eligibility to apply to a graduate program at the University of Notre Dame.
- Training or Research Experience:
- It is expected that applicants possess relevant training or research experience in the specific area they are applying for within the joint program.
- Exception for Peace Studies and Theology:
- For Peace Studies and Theology, a master’s degree in theology is a prerequisite, while previous graduate work is not mandatory for other programs.
- Special Consideration for Peace Studies:
- Prospective students interested in a master’s degree in peace studies are encouraged to explore the specialized Master of Global Affairs in International Peace Studies program.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Statement of Intent (Up to 1,000 words):
- Describe your areas of interest and experience explicitly.
- List faculty members you wish to study with in both the Kroc Institute Doctoral Admissions Committee and the joint department.
- Address your interest in peace studies and the discipline of the partner department within the statement.
- Writing Sample Requirements:
- Provide a single-authored writing sample showcasing your skills in writing, analysis, and peace research.
- The sample should represent your best academic writing.
- If submitting part of a longer work, include a concise abstract (up to 250 words) describing the entire piece and its argument.
- Writing samples must be in English.
- Application Process:
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School Application for Admission online.
- Upload all required materials directly to the application; paper submissions will not be considered.
- Fee waivers are available for a limited number of applicants to the Ph.D. Program in Peace Studies. To request a fee waiver, complete the provided form.
Please click the Peace Studies Scholarship, USA 2024-25 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Peace Studies Scholarship, USA
- It is a PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by University Of Notre Dame
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here