This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses.
- International students students are eligible
- All Postgraduate applicants are eligible
The Rhodes Trust Scholarships are a postgraduate scholarship program that helps deserving students from all around the world study at Oxford University.
More than 90 Rhodes Scholars chosen from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 nations) worldwide receive the Rhodes Trust Scholarships each year to pursue postgraduate degrees at Oxford University. They are exceptional young people with a variety of backgrounds and interests who have the potential to become civic-minded leaders for the future of the planet.
- Application deadline is as follows:
- East Africa: 31st August, 2023 (23:59 Eastern Africa Time)
- Kenya: 31st August, 2023 (23:59 Eastern Africa Time)
- Southern Africa: 1st August, 2023 (23:59, SAST)
- West Africa: 28th September 2023 (23:59 GMT)
- Zambia: 31st August, 2023 (23:59 Central Africa Time)
- Zimbabwe: 31st August, 2023 (23:59 Central Africa Time).
Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- East Africa: Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- Southern Africa: South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini),
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Check the scholarship for full scholarship benefits
Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24 is for Postgraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
- East Africa: 1
- Kenya: 2
- West Africa: 2
- Southern Africa (10): The Scholarships for these countries are administered from a regional secretariat based in Johannesburg. There are:
- four Scholarships every year for applicants from South Africa-at-Large,
- one for applicants from KwaZulu-Natal,
- one for an applicant from one of: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini, and
- one each for applicants of or from Diocesan College, Rondebosch; South African College School, Newlands; Paul Roos Gymnasium, Stellenbosch; and St Andrew’s College, Grahamstown (including their identified partner schools, which are listed here).
- Zambia: 2
- Zimbabwe: 2
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24:
- Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of one of the Rhodes Africa constituencies: Kenya, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo), Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Age: As of October 1 of the application year, you must be at least 18 years old and no older than 24. Depending on the environment in each constituency, there are various differences in the maximum age. Before applying, please carefully review the minimum age requirements for your constituency. The October after the selection procedure, the chosen applicants will come to Oxford.
- Education: Before enrolling at Oxford, Rhodes Scholars must have earned a Bachelor’s degree at a level that satisfies both the Rhodes and the Oxford requirements. Please refer to the comprehensive information supplied by the organization to which you are applying on our page on how to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship as well as the University of Oxford’s prospectus website. NB: Completion of your undergraduate degree in the year you apply for the Scholarship is required by some constituencies.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Please click on the nation links to see the country sites to learn more about the specific application criteria for each constituency. The following items, in various formats, will be needed by all constituencies in general:
- Evidence of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate studies, including transcripts and academic records (complete or in progress).
- resume, curriculum vitae, or list of top priorities
- A clear indication of what the candidate desires to study at Oxford and why is important included in the personal statement or essay.
- Passport, birth certificate, or other proof of age
- When English is not the native language, English language ability
- a list of referees (often many are needed) who can vouch for the applicant’s moral integrity and intellectual ability, as well as their accomplishments in school, in their personal lives, in their extracurricular activities, and in their leadership roles.
Please click the Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students At University Of Oxford, UK
- Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students is a Postgraduate fellowship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by University Of Oxford
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- Rhodes Trust Scholarships For African Students s for African applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here