This is to bring to your notice that the application window for the John J. Sweeney Scholarship at Ulster University, UK 2023-24 is now opened for interested and qualified applicants.
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about the Scholarship Programme
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at the Ulster University
- Students from USA are eligible
- All masters students are eligible
This special scholarship honors AFL-CIO President Emeritus John J. Sweeney, a son of Irish immigrants who dedicated his life to improving the well-being of working people, making outstanding contributions to working people in the United States and around the world that will be remembered for years to come.
The Application Deadline is April 30, 2023
John J. Sweeney Scholarship at Ulster University, UK 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving international students is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
The John J Sweeney Scholarship is worth $20,000 and is applied to the Scholar’s tuition fees at Ulster University for an MA or MSc.
The AFL-CIO, the American Labor community, business and civic organizations, and individuals have generously sponsored this award.
John J. Sweeney Scholarship at Ulster University, UK 2023-24 is primarily for masters students.
Number of Awards
To be eligible for the John J. Sweeney Scholarship at Ulster University, UK 2023-24
- The scholarship will be available to all US citizens who meet the following criteria:
- Are a US union member; or; Have a familial connection to a US union member (mother, father, sibling, aunt, uncle, grandparent); or; Can provide a reference letter from a union sponsor; or; Have been offered a full-time MSc or MA place and have made a firm commitment to Ulster University during the admissions phase.
To apply, all arranged and organized steps have been highlighted below:
Candidates must submit their applications online.
All sections of the application form must be completed, as well as any additional requirements linked to the application.
These are some of them:
- A scanned copy of the original degree certificate displaying a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Reference letter from a US Union sponsor, if applicable 500-750 word personal statement
- two letters of recommendation from professors
- a scanned copy of their passport from the United States
The scholarship application form must be filled out completely.
Please check through the John J. Sweeney Scholarship at Ulster University, UK 2023-24, application link for more information
For all enquiries regarding this scholarship, please contact our International Student Recruitment Office.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here