This is to bring to your notice the application window for the WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take medical biology courses at University of Melbourne.
- International students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
Through The International PhD Scholar Initiative (IPSI), WEHI provides a range of specialized scholarships to help international PhD students finish their most recent degree outside of Australia and come to WEHI to conduct their PhD research.
The International PhD Scholar Initiative is accepting applications from international students who are in their last year of their current degree and anticipate finishing it in the middle of 2023.
Application deadline is November 11, 2022
WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- medical biology courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The living stipend for the International PhD Scholarships is the same as the amount for the present Melbourne Research Scholarship.
- All overseas PhD students also get a relocation payment (a one-time lump amount of $3000), health insurance, and a reduction in university tuition fees in addition to WEHI’s $2000 per year scholarship top-up.
- The excellent, multidisciplinary medical research training that WEHI’s PhD students acquire comes from conducting real research with our top scientific teams.
- Our PhD program in medical biology gives students the broader knowledge and abilities they need to progress in their jobs.
WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24 is primarily for PhD applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24
- Possess a four-year undergraduate degree from a university abroad or a master’s degree with a significant research component OR
- Be in the last year of their current degree program, which is scheduled to end in the first semester of 2023.
- Applicants who want to study abroad in Australia are eligible for this program.
- The International PhD Scholar Initiative is not open to Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or citizens of New Zealand who are enrolled as domestic students at the University of Melbourne.
- You are also ineligible for the International PhD Scholar Initiative if your most recent degree was earned in an Australian university. Please direct these overseas students to the relevant scholarship opportunities.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- International PhD candidates should talk to potential supervisors about research projects, visit our Student Open Days, and be familiar with the PhD application procedure before applying for research opportunities with us.
- International candidates who are not enrolled in an Australian university now or recently who wish to apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative in 2022 must:
- Verify that you presently meet or are on track to satisfy the University of Melbourne’s entrance requirements for PhD candidacy.
- Look through the options for student projects to choose your favorite study fields (applicants should contact supervisors to discuss projects).
- Online application form completion and submission.
- For your application, you may suggest up to three research endeavors or WEHI supervisors.
- Any verbal agreement from the supervisor(s) on projects is at this point informal, therefore you are urged to speak with them directly.
- Include a letter of support if you have a project in place with a WEHI manager (optional).
- The following supporting documentation must be submitted:
- a cover letter outlining your areas of interest in research and why you want to pursue a PhD
- Personal statement Academic transcripts (including, if available, the university’s scale of grades and an English translation).
Please click the WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the WEHI International scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia ?
- It is a PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at University of Melbourne.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here