This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23
Listed below are the key points to be noted about Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at accredited universities.
- International students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has established the Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships for the academic year 2022–2023 in order to encourage research that would have a developmental impact and help meet the requirements of Commonwealth nations in terms of development.
The Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships are available to Commonwealth applicants from fragile and least developed nations for full-time PhD studies. The selection of the successful applicants will be based on the candidate’s academic ability, the standard of the study program, and the possible influence on the advancement of the candidate’s home nation. Applicants who are unable to pay for their studies in the UK will be given consideration.
Application deadline is October 18, 2022.
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Flight costs from the home country to the UK and back at the conclusion of the award
- Stipend (living stipend) at the rate of £1,236 per month for those attending institutions in the London metropolitan region, or £1,516 per month for all other students
- Where appropriate, a warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant to help with the expense of traveling for studies either inside the UK or abroad
- Provision for fieldwork expenses incurred abroad
- Mid-term travel to home country with paid flights
- if appropriate, a family allowance
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23 is primarily for PhD applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23:
- The candidates must be British Protected or citizens of one of the qualifying Commonwealth nations, or they must have received refugee status from that nation.
- The candidates must be citizens of a Commonwealth nation that is eligible.
- By the beginning of the UK academic year in September 2023, the applicants must be able to begin their academic studies there.
- Without this scholarship, the candidates must not be able to pay to attend university in the UK.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- The applicants must submit an online admission application on the university’s website. Applications for scholarships must be submitted online by logging in. The requirements for completing the application form must also be kept in mind by the candidates.
- Needed Papers: The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- a duplicate of a legitimate passport (or national ID card) with a photo, birthdate, and citizenship country
- Transcripts in full, with certified translations if not in English, covering all higher education credentials, including current transcripts for any courses being taken.
- references on organization letterhead from at least two different people.
- A letter of support, on the letterhead of the institution, from the potential supervisor in the UK, from at least one of the organizations listed on the application form.
- Entry requirements: The applicants must complete the entrance standards of their respective institutions and possess a first degree with at least upper second class (2:1) honors level or a second class degree (2:2) and a suitable postgraduate certificate (often a Master’s degree).
- Language prerequisite: The candidates must adhere to the universities’ English language proficiency standards. The following exams are frequently recognised by British universities: IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
Please click the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK 2022-23 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Students, UK ?
- It is a PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at at accredited universities.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here