This is to bring to your notice the application window for Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at Royal Academy of Engineering
- International Students are eligible
- All Postgraduate applicants are eligible
Engineering is crucial. It supports our daily activities, propels economic development, is essential in addressing pressing societal issues, and ensures that we are prepared for the future by, among other things, ensuring a reliable supply of food, water, and clean energy, advancing healthcare, and maintaining our safety and security.
The Royal Institution of Engineering, the national academy for technical and technology in the UK, brings together the most accomplished and brilliant engineers, known as Fellows, to advance and promote engineering excellence for societal good.
Application deadline is September 6, 2022
The Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Students
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Universities in sub-Saharan Africa will receive funding totaling £100k as part of the 22/24 Higher Education Partnerships in sub-Saharan Africa request for proposals for two-year initiatives.
- In order to improve engineering curricula and develop institutional research and innovation capacity, the emphasis of these projects will be on forming relationships with industry.
- A “hub and spoke” model will be used to carry out the projects. According to this model, the hub universities will take the lead on the initiative, facilitating bilateral secondments with local industry partners and coordinating knowledge-sharing workshops, reports, curriculum reviews, and research projects with a large number of spoke universities as well as with partners in the UK and industry.
Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23 is primarily for Postgraduate programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23
- The proposed project should be clearly in line with the scheme’s general goals and objectives. Original concepts and regional solutions are strongly welcomed, nevertheless.
- The lead applicant will work for an institution of higher learning in sub-Saharan Africa.
- A thorough budget that is supplied over a maximum of two years must be included with applications.
- Activities for the project must take place between October 2022 and August 2024.
- A method of collaboration with at least one industry partner, one UK institution, and at least three spoke universities nationally or regionally must be proposed in the application.
- The application must be made in accordance with the ODA objectives, which are to advance the welfare and economic advancement of one or more nations on the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list of ODA recipients, to meet a need for development, and to concentrate on a particular issue confronting a lower-income nation. Follow this website for more information about ODA compliance.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Utilizing the grant system, register and create a profile.
- You can finish your online application by reading the guidelines provided in the applicant guidance section.
- Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance connecting with a UK university partner or an African university partner or if you have any other inquiries.
Please click the Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK 2022-23, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Higher Education Grants for Sub-Saharan African Students at Royal Academy of Engineering, UK?
- It is a Postgraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Royal Academy of Engineering
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here