This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial.
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All undergraduate applicants are eligible
At Brandeis, a profound emphasis on the humanities is seen as instrumental in preparing students for an ever-changing world. This conviction drives the selection of a select group of exceptionally promising admitted students each year for participation in the prestigious Humanities Fellowship. Recognizing the global interconnectivity of our society, the program aims to nurture scholars who possess the capacity for both critical thinking and empathy, valuing engagement with the ideas, texts, images, languages, and cultures that have profoundly shaped human experience.
Through the Humanities Fellowship Program, students are immersed in the rigorous realm of academic research, unveiling the vast potential within the humanities. Participants not only receive an annual scholarship but also work closely with esteemed humanities faculty, delving into cutting-edge scholarship through specially curated programming. This experience offers Fellows a unique opportunity to deepen their comprehension of the human condition, refine their critical analysis skills, and elevate their academic standing. While particularly beneficial for those eyeing future graduate studies, the program goes beyond the individual, fostering a community of scholars who actively engage and collaborate across disciplinary boundaries.
- The application deadline is ongoing
The Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- A scholarship of up to $20,500 per year.
- A $500 stipend toward an approved experiential learning opportunity in the humanities. This might include an internship, research or study-abroad experience.
- A rigorous keystone seminar that bridges multiple disciplines within the humanities and examines classical texts from fresh perspectives. In the Fall 2023 semester, two courses will be offered: Tragedy: Love and Death in the Creative Imagination, co-taught by Professors John Burt and Stephen Dowden, and Writing the Self, taught by Professor Ramie Targoff.
- Mentorship and advising from some of our most respected humanities faculty.
- Private, faculty-led tours of some of Boston’s finest cultural institutions.
- Access to student mentors serving as Humanities Undergraduate Departmental Representatives or undertaking honor theses in the humanities.
- Priority advising from the Office of Study Abroad. This includes personalized information sessions and advising for students interested in applying to study at Oxford University or on the Brandeis in Siena summer study abroad program in fine arts.
- Salon-style events that bring Fellows together for critical discussions with their faculty mentors, graduate students and visiting scholars.
- Invitations to lectures and events at the Mandel Center for Humanities.
- An optional spring semester humanities seminar course for first-year students.
- An optional Senior Salon Capstone Course for senior Humanities Fellows, culminating with a poster session at our dinner in April.
The Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24 is for undergraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24:
- The scholarship will be applied only during fall and spring terms.
- To maintain eligibility for the scholarship, you must remain a full-time undergraduate student at Brandeis (unless you are part-time due to medical underload or senior reduced status, in which case the scholarship amount for each such semester will be prorated accordingly).
- If you withdraw from Brandeis or you are withdrawn by Brandeis, you forfeit the scholarship and may not have it reinstated if you re-enroll at a later date.
- If you are required by the University to go on a Leave of Absence for academic reasons or you are suspended for disciplinary reasons, your merit scholarship eligibility will be evaluated by the Scholarship Review Committee, which may result in your merit scholarship being rescinded in the sole discretion of the Committee..
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Inclusive Consideration for All First-Year Applicants:
- Every first-year applicant is automatically in the running for the esteemed Humanities Fellowship.
- Thorough Evaluation Process:
- The Admissions Committee and departmental representatives conduct a comprehensive review of applicants during the designated review period.
- Holistic Selection Criteria:
- Recipients are chosen through a thorough assessment of their academic achievements and demonstrated dedication to the humanities.
- No Additional Application Necessary:
- There’s no need for an extra application – all eligible applicants are automatically considered for the Humanities Fellowship.
- Exclusion of Self-Nominations:
- Please be aware that self-nominations for the Humanities Fellowship are not accepted.
Please click the Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University, USA
- Humanities Fellowship Program at Brandeis University is a Postgraduate Research position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Brandeis University
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International and domestic applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here