This is to bring to your notice the application window for the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25:
- Funding is nor full
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International students are eligible
- All masters applicants are eligible
The McGill University MasterCard Foundation Master’s Scholarship for the academic year 2024-25 presents an exceptional opportunity for qualified individuals seeking postgraduate studies in Canada. This prestigious scholarship is designed for candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, are 35 years old or younger, and hold citizenship or refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country. Eligible applicants should have lived a significant part of their lives in a Sub-Saharan African country, demonstrate academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and show leadership qualities. The scholarship emphasizes financial need and encourages candidates to commit to returning to Africa after completing their studies to apply their acquired skills for the betterment of their communities.
This initiative, sponsored by the MasterCard Foundation, not only supports educational pursuits but also underscores a commitment to fostering leadership and community service. The McGill University MasterCard Foundation Master’s Scholarship aligns with the goal of empowering young individuals from Sub-Saharan Africa by providing them with a transformative educational experience at one of Canada’s leading institutions, contributing to both personal growth and the sustainable development of their home communities.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2023.
McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Sub-saharan african Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- Beneficiaries will get holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
The McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25 is for masters applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25:
- Program Admissibility:
- Applicants must be admissible to one of McGill University’s eligible programs (refer to the Program List).
- Graduate Studies Status:
- Candidates should not have previously completed any graduate studies.
- Nomination Criteria:
- Nomination can be by a professor from a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University or a current McGill Professor/Staff Member (refer to Nomination Form).
- Citizenship and Residency:
- Applicants must be citizens of a Sub-Saharan African Country, having lived a significant part of their lives there (see List of Eligible Countries).
- Service and Activity Record:
- A compelling record of service and activity in school and/or community is required.
- Intent to Return:
- A commitment to returning to the home country immediately post-degree completion, with the aim of contributing to community transformation through social and economic development.
- Financial Status:
- Demonstrated financial need, evidenced by falling within the lowest two quintiles of the applicant’s country.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Exemption from Application Fee:
- Applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program are not required to pay the standard $107.50 application fee.
- Special Application Procedure:
- Due to the fee exemption, candidates must follow a distinct application procedure outlined for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
- Detailed Instructions:
- Comprehensive guidance on this unique application process, along with complete information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, can be found via the provided link below:
Please click the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada 2024-25 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
McGill University MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship, Canada
- MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarship is a masters position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by McGill University
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here