This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24:
- Funding is both full and partial
- They take all courses at Shanghai University of Sport
- International students are eligible
- All Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral program applicants are eligible
High-level international students who have achieved good academic results are invited to apply for President’s Scholarships at the Shanghai University of Sport to study in China.
The scholarship program is open to international students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees at the university and who have strong language skills and impressive professional backgrounds.
Application deadline for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai is April 30, 2023.
Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All international countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Full Scholarships: Full grants cover all costs, including tuition, room & board, daily living expenditures, and overall health insurance costs.
- Undergraduate Full scholarship: 20,000 CNY per year for tuition, 8,400 CNY for housing costs, 20,000 CNY for living costs, and 800 CNY for insurance costs.
- Master’s Full Scholarship: 25,000 CNY per year for tuition, 8,400 CNY annually for living expenditures, 20,000 CNY annually for living expenses, and 800 CNY annually for insurance costs.
- PhD Full Scholarship: 30,000 CNY year for tuition, 8,400 CNY annually for living expenses, 24, 000 CNY annually for living expenses, and 800 CNY annually for insurance costs.
- Partial financial aid: Scholarships of Type A and Type B are included in partial grants.
- Partial Type A Scholarship for Undergraduates: Tuition of CNY 20,000 per year and Living Expenses of CNY 8,400 per year
- Partial Type B grant for undergraduates; annual tuition of CNY 20,000
- Master’s Partial Type A Scholarship: CNY 25,000 in tuition and CNY 8,400 in living costs annually.
- Master’s Partial Type B Scholarship: Annual Tuition of CNY 25,000
- PhD Partial Type A Scholarship: CNY 30,000 in tuition and CNY 8,400 in living expenses annually.
- Note: Free on-campus housing is available to students who obtain Type A scholarships.
- A monthly housing stipend of CNY 700 will be given to those who are permitted to reside off-campus for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
- Each year, students will get 10 months’ worth of living costs (excluding the winter and summer holidays).
Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24 is primarily for Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral program students.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24:
- The applicants must be non-Chinese nationals with regular foreign passports, be in good physical and mental condition, and have the necessary disciplinary records for the program they are applying for. Candidates for the master’s/doctoral program must also be capable of conducting research.
- Candidates for the undergraduate program must adhere to the following nationality requirements: The person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have settled abroad, or whose parent is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth, shall not have Chinese nationality, according to JWH  No. 12 of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and Article 5 of the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China.
- When applying for scholarships as an international student, this person must have held a valid foreign passport or nationality document for more than four years (inclusive) and provide documentation of residence outside of China for more than two years between April 30, 2019, and April 30, 2023 (the actual residence outside of China for nine months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- When applying for scholarships as an international student, a person who has migrated from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China) must have acquired a foreign nationality before 30 April 2019 and provide documentation proving they have lived outside China for more than two years between 30 April 2019 and 30 April 2023 (the actual residence outside China of 9 months or longer can be considered a full year, subject to the arrival/departure customs stamp).
- Undergraduate program applicants must be under 22 and have a level of education equivalent to a high school diploma in China.
- Candidates for the master’s program must be under 30 and hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates for the PhD program must be under 35 and hold a master’s degree.
- Candidates must not have any criminal histories for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai:
- Application forms must be filled out online at “Shanghai University of Sport – International Student Service System” by applicants who have the necessary documentation (in electronic version).
- Supporting records: All of the following must be submitted by applicants:
- a duplicate of your current passport
- A copy of the visa or the page from the residency permit must be provided by applicants who are based on the Chinese mainland.
- One certified copy of your degree or graduation certificate
- one notarized copy of the highest education school report
- the original HSK certificate or another document demonstrating equivalent language ability that is valid for two years.
- Two professors or associate professors must provide reference letters in Chinese or English for candidates seeking a master’s or doctorate degree.
- A research plan is written in Chinese or English with at least 1,000 characters or words. It also includes any tutor acceptance letters and earlier research findings or academic articles (if any).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form, one copy (of the past six months)
- One less than three-minute MP4 video in which you identify yourself in both Chinese and English
- No Criminal Records Certificate or Commitment on No Criminal Records: Letter of Commitment with No Criminal History
- For applicants who are under 18 as of 1 September 2023, a guardian’s guarantee is required.
- a letter of guarantee or bank statement demonstrating a CNY 100,000 minimum bank deposit
- Payment of the registration fee receipt
- Admission requirements include a minimum 3.0 GPA or a minimum 75 point average across all disciplines for the preceding study period.
- The following linguistic requirements must be satisfied by applicants:
- Students must pass the Chinese Proficiency Test in order to apply for sports-related majors taught in Chinese (equal to or higher than HSK5).
- Students must pass the Chinese Proficiency Test in order to apply for the major in international Chinese education (equal to or higher than HSK6).
- Students wishing to enroll in a major that is taught in English must be native English speakers or present proof of English competence, with IELTS scores of at least 6.5 and TOEFL IBT scores of at least 80.
Please click the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai:
Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport, China 2023-24 ?
- It is an Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at Shanghai University of Sport.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants for the Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai
Not interested in this Presidential Scholarship at Shanghai scholarship? See other scholarships here