This is to bring to your notice the application window for the University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24
- Funding is not full
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International students students are eligible
- All graduate assistantship applicants are eligible
The University of Northern Colorado presents Graduate Assistantships for the academic year 2023-24, offering enrolled graduate students an opportunity to actively contribute to their academic community. These positions involve a range of responsibilities, which may encompass administrative tasks and program-specific duties, as well as support in instructional activities. It’s important to note that while graduate assistants play vital roles, they do not hold the primary instructional responsibility in their assigned tasks. This opportunity is extended to both part-time and full-time enrolled students, and compensation is commensurate with the terms outlined in their respective agreements.
These Graduate Assistantships at the University of Northern Colorado represent a valuable avenue for graduate students to immerse themselves in the university environment while pursuing their advanced studies. By participating in various administrative and program-related tasks, students not only contribute to the university’s operations but also gain valuable experience in their academic journey. The flexibility in enrollment status ensures that a diverse range of students can participate, and compensation is determined by the specific terms agreed upon in their assistantship agreements.
- Application deadline is open
University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for the University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Graduate Assistantship Compensation Structure:
- The University has established a standardized base salary schedule, ensuring a minimum level of pay for all graduate assistantship positions. This includes positions at both the master’s and doctoral levels.
- Benefits for Graduate Assistants:
- Most graduate assistantship roles come with a stipend, along with valuable tuition assistance and partial fee waivers. These waivers cover a portion of Student Services and LEAF fees.
- Tuition Assistance Based on Work Hours:
- Graduate assistants working 16-20 hours per week during a semester generally receive full tuition assistance. Those with appointments of 8-15 hours per week receive partial tuition assistance. Students appointed for 3-7 hours a week are typically not eligible for tuition assistance. Academic units may have flexibility in determining tuition waiver, but the Graduate School provides tuition waiver for 3-10 credit hours per semester, with tuition fees calculated based on enrolled credit hours.
- Tuition Classification and Assistance:
- Eligible students may receive nonresident tuition assistance in their first year of enrollment only. Subsequent years may only provide in-state tuition assistance. Exceptions to this policy require written request and approval by the dean of the Graduate School. Students seeking to change their tuition classification from nonresident to Colorado resident can find information and related forms on the Residency web page.
- Financial Responsibilities of Graduate Assistants:
- It is the responsibility of graduate assistants to cover expenses related to student health insurance, as well as any remaining tuition and fees not covered by provided waivers. This ensures a comprehensive understanding of financial obligations during the course of their assistantship.
The University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24 for graduate assistantship applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24:
- Admission to a UNC graduate degree program is a prerequisite.
- Maintaining good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is mandatory.
- Students with a GPA below 3.0 and academic provisions may not be eligible until meeting the 3.0 GPA requirement or fulfilling academic provisions.
Tuition Waiver Requirements:
- Enroll in 3-10 graduate credit hours per semester during the agreement term for tuition waiver eligibility.
- For students solely enrolled in dissertation hours, they may hold an assistantship for a maximum of two semesters, provided they are enrolled for a minimum of six hours of dissertation each term.
English Language Proficiency for International Students:
- Demonstrate effective English language communication skills, including clear and coherent communication, appropriate audience responses, and generally accurate pronunciation, grammar, fluency, and vocabulary.
Work Week and Stipend Calculation:
- Appointments are based on full-time employment, equivalent to a 20-hour work week over 17 weeks (including one week before and after the 15-week semester).
- Summer appointments are based on a 13-week period, including one week before and after.
- Stipends are calculated based on minimum stipend rates and degree level.
Weekly Work Hour Limitation:
- Students may not hold a single appointment or a combination of appointments exceeding 20 hours per week for any semester.
- Be admitted to a graduate degree program at UNC
- Maintain good academic standing (at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average)
- Enroll in 3-10 graduate credits per semester during the term of the appointment
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Review Your Ursa Account:
- Consider Student Loans:
- If you have student loans, be aware that the loan amount may be subject to adjustments during this process.
- Check Enrolled Credits on Your Bill:
- Your student bill will reflect the total number of credits you are enrolled in.
- Tuition and Fee Waivers Application:
- Tuition and partial fee waivers are processed after the add/drop period to account for any changes in your registration (such as added or dropped credits).
- Payment of Remaining Balance:
- Once your waivers are applied, review your bill and settle any remaining balance by the September 9 billing deadline to avoid incurring service charges.
- Seek Assistance for Financial Hardships:
- If the adjustment in your GA/TA waiver disbursement causes financial difficulties, visit the Cashier’s window at the Bursar’s Office in Bear Central of Campus Commons for support. You can also reach out via phone at 970-351-1198 or email Kathi.Bland@unco.edu.
Stipend Payment Details:
- Stipends are distributed via direct deposit on the last business day of each month. Academic year appointments encompass 10 stipend payments from August to May, while semester appointments provide five equal payments, covering August through December and January through May. The amount you receive remains consistent every month.
Questions or Concerns:
- For any inquiries regarding the GA/TA waiver disbursement schedule, please direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The majority of graduate assistantships are available through academic programs. Some administrative offices on campus hire graduate assistants as well. Information is available about these administrative graduate assistantships.
Please click the University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships, USA
- University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships is a graduate assistantship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by University of Northern Colorado
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- University of Northern Colorado Graduate Assistantships is for International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here