This is to bring to your notice the application window for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at accredited universities
- International students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship program provides non-residential scholarships to PhD students enrolled in U.S. universities who are writing doctoral dissertations on subjects generally linked to conflict management, peacebuilding, and pertinent security studies. 371 young scholars have had their dissertations sponsored by the program since 1988, and many of them have gone on to outstanding careers in research, higher education, and policymaking.
Additional fellowships in the area of peace and security studies are supported through a partnership between this program and the Minerva Research Initiative. Up to 18 scholarships may now be awarded each year through the program. These funds help students with both the research and writing portions of their dissertations.
Application deadline is October 6, 2022.
The USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- USIP sponsors up to 18 Peace Scholars for a non-residency fellowship that lasts for 10 months.
- For the academic year, Peace Scholars are given stipends of up to $20,000 that are paid in three installments directly to them. Awards for Peace Scholars cannot be postponed.
The USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23 is primarily for PhD applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23:
- Open to Ph.D. candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who have passed all necessary comprehensive examinations as well as all needed coursework.
- Non-citizens may apply as long as they are Ph.D. candidates who are presently enrolled at a U.S. university. Students attending distant universities are ineligible, as well.
- At the time of application, all candidates for the Ph.D. degree are required. Students seeking master’s degrees or other advanced degrees are not eligible to apply.
- Peace Scholars are not limited in age.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- For an application, visit the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) website. You must have the following documents to be considered:
- a statement confirming your qualification; you must be a Ph.D. candidate
- Contact and personal information about you
- Recommendation letters
- Academic resume
- links to publications, if desired.
Please click the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA 2022-23 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship, USA ?
- It is an Undergraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at accredited Universities.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here