This is to bring to your notice the application window for Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at the participating universities
- International Students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
In the aerospace sector globally, women make up about 25% of the workforce. Zonta International presents the Amelia Earhart Fellowship as part of its aim to ensure that women have equal access to all resources and are represented in positions of decision-making on a par with men. In 1938, the Amelia Earhart Fellowship was created in her honor. Amelia Earhart was a famous pilot and Zontian. Up to 30 women pursuing PhD or postdoctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are given the US$10,000 Fellowship each year.
Application deadline is November 15, 2022
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- For applicants admitted, the Fellowship offers up to $10,000 in reward.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23 is primarily for PhD programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23
- Women of any country seeking a Ph.D. or doctoral degree and possessing an exceptional academic record performing research in the fields of aeronautical engineering or space sciences are qualified.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. or doctorate program and have finished at least one year of that program at the time the application is submitted, or they must have earned a master’s degree in an area related to aerospace.
- Candidates must not complete their doctoral or Ph.D. program prior to April 2024. Please take note that the Fellowship does not apply to post-doctoral research programs.
- The Zonta Foundation for Women and Zonta International do not accept applications from classified members (club members and people with direct membership in Zonta International), employees of the organizations, or members of their immediate families (spouses, partners, siblings, nieces, and/or cousins).
- It should be noted that former Amelia Earhart Fellows are not qualified to reapply for the Fellowship for a second year.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- To apply, visit the Zonta International Foundation website. All applications must be submitted online using the online application form and must be written entirely in English. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship paper in PDF may only be used for planning purposes.
- Visit the ZI website for further information
Please click the Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA 2022-23, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Ph.D Students by Zonta International, USA ?
- It is a PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Zonta International
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here