This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at American University.
- International students are eligible
- All undergraduate applicants are eligible
High-achieving overseas students who want to study for a bachelor’s degree in the US and who are committed to making a good difference in their communities are the target audience for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. It is designed for students who would return home to better underdeveloped and underprivileged regions there.
Application deadline is December 15, 2022.
Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The AU EGL scholarship pays for all AU-related bills (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not pay for non-billable items such required health insurance, books, airfare, and other costs (about US $4,000 in total).
- If the student maintains a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, they are eligible to extend it for a further four years of undergraduate education.
The Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24 is primarily for Undergraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24:
- students from abroad who have surmounted a variety of difficulties as well as individuals from varied and underrepresented socioeconomic and cultural origins.
- For grades 9 through 12, a minimum GPA equivalent of 3.8 (or placement in the top 10% of the graduating class).
- a track record of leadership, voluntarism, and community service, as well as a dedication to improving domestic issues.
- pupils who possess one of the following: The following requirements must be met: 65 minimum PTE; 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); subscores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above); or Cambridge.
- Assessment English proficiency of at least 185. 169 or more must be achieved on each subscore.
- students who will graduate from secondary or high school by June 2023 while remaining enrolled.
- Important: IB students should aim to graduate with a full IB diploma that includes at least three HL topics. Before August 2023, students enrolled in the British A-Level system must finish 13 years of education and at least 3 A levels.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- You must submit the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions procedure by the priority deadline of December 15, 2021, or by the latest deadline of January 15, 2023, to be considered for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. For autumn (August) 2023, AU EGLS candidates must submit a Regular Decision application. Avoid applying Early Decision (ED).
- To obtain the application form and for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website (link provided below).
Please click the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship at American University, USA ?
- It is an Undergraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at American University.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here