This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All Fellowship applicants are eligible
Evangelisches Studienwerk provides scholarships for students pursuing education at universities across Germany, placing a strong emphasis on academic dedication and performance. They extend their support to both current students and recent graduates, ensuring sustained assistance throughout the entirety of their educational journey.
The organization stands out for its personalized mentorship, diverse range of interdisciplinary seminars, and substantial financial aid, which can amount to up to 597 euros per month. However, it’s worth noting that they do not provide support for part-time or correspondence courses.
- The application deadline is ongoing
Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
- Climate change, adaptation, resilience, and green energy transition
- Gender equality, disability equity, and social inclusion
- Digital Economy (including cyber, critical technology, and media engagement)
- Maritime and the Blue Economy
- Infrastructure and connectivity
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- EU member states, and anyone who lives in Germany (foreigner or citizen)
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- Monthly Allowance: Receive a generous monthly allowance of up to 649 Euros, along with an additional 300 Euros allocated for study-related expenses.
- Summer University: Engage in a diverse range of seminars hosted at the Villigst Campus during the summer season. This platform brings together academics, experts, students, and graduates from various academic and professional backgrounds, fostering interdisciplinary discussions and collaborations.
- Study/Work Abroad: Gain valuable global experience to enhance professional competence and broaden your perspectives. Evangelisches Studienwerk actively promotes international exposure, typically covering tuition fees and travel expenses for eligible students.
- Work Practice: Benefit from support for mandatory internships that extend up to one semester, allowing you to integrate practical experience into your academic journey.
- Commitment to Democracy: Villigst operates as a democratic institution, valuing the contributions of all students. Representatives from the student body are involved at every level of Studienwerk’s management, ensuring a participatory and inclusive environment.
- Personalized Guidance and Support: Receive tailored advice and support from dedicated professionals. This assistance is accessible not only through your Director of Studies at Villigst but also from a regional counselor located at your university’s campus. This network ensures that you have the resources and guidance you need to thrive in your academic pursuits.
The Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24 is for Fellowship applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24:
- Demonstrated Social Commitment: This can include involvement in church activities, politics, social causes, or environmental initiatives, showcasing a strong dedication to community betterment.
- Membership in a Protestant Church: While membership in a Protestant church is generally required, exceptions may be considered with the submission of a special application.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of a member state or accession country of the European Union, or hold citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG).
- Language Proficiency: For non-German citizens, proficient German language skills are essential, verified through a DSH certificate or TestDaf (test for foreign learners of the German language).
- Valid University Qualification: Applicants must possess a valid qualification for university studies, such as a general or advanced entrance qualification.
- Academic Progress: At the time of application (March/September), applicants should not have progressed beyond the 3rd subject-related semester. Refugees seeking to study in Germany may apply beyond this limit, provided they have a minimum of 4 subject-related semesters remaining at the time of pre-selection.
- Double Degree Considerations: For students pursuing a double degree, the number of semesters completed in the current course of study is a determining factor.
- Applicants Over 35: Applicants aged 35 or above must submit a special application in addition to their standard application.
- Application Processing Fee: A processing charge of 12 euros must be received before the application can be considered complete.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Register through the official website’s provided link to initiate the application process.
- Once registered, you’ll receive your login credentials for the online application portal via email.
- Please be patient, as it may take some time before your personal password is sent to you.
- Use your login details to access and update your application data at your convenience, up until the application deadline.
- Remember to click the “Finalise entries” button on the portal’s start page to officially submit your application.
- You’ll receive an automatic email confirmation once your application documents have been successfully transmitted.
- Following the document review, you’ll be contacted. If selected for the process, you’ll proceed to a preliminary interview.
- The preselection committee will then determine your invitation to the two-day main selection process, held in February and July at Haus Villigst (Schwerte). This includes group activities and an additional individual interview, which you must attend in person.
- All communication throughout the process will be conducted via email. Ensure you’re readily available for email correspondence and promptly update any changes in your contact information.
- Be aware that your data will be electronically processed for the selection and shared with relevant parties involved in the process.
- Access the online application portal through the provided “apply now” link.
- For application deadlines and fees, note that you can only be considered for the support program if you’re either currently enrolled in studies or set to begin studies immediately after the selection process. Apply accordingly based on your planned study commencement date.
- The application deadline for acceptance in the winter semester is March 1st (by midnight).
- Preselection processes occur in April/May, while the main selection process takes place in July/August.
- For acceptance in the summer semester, the application deadline is September 1st (by midnight).
- Preselection processes then unfold in October/November, with the main selection process scheduled for February/March.
- There’s an application processing fee of 12 Euros.
Please click the Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Evangelisches Studienwerk Study Scholarships, Germany
- It is a Fellowship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by universities of applied sciences and universities all over Germany.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International and domestic applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here