This is to bring to your notice the application window for Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at the participating universities
- International Students are eligible
- All Postgraduate applicants are eligible
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (German: Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung) is a foundation created by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany and funded by the Federal Foreign Office, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, as well as other national and international partners; it fosters international academic cooperation between top researchers and academics from Germany and other countries.
Application deadline is October 31, 2022
The Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The prize is worth €60,000.
- Award winners are also invited to work with specialized German colleagues on a research project of their choice at a German research facility. The award allows for a maximum stay that can be divided into multiple stays of six months to a full year.
- If additional financing is needed, they will contribute up to €25,000 to support academic cooperation, including travel expenses for attending conferences, the cost of material resources like specialized books or scientific equipment at the home university, or the inclusion of junior researchers.
Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23 is primarily for Postgraduate programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23
- Established scientists working for German research institutions are eligible to submit nominations for the Georg Forster Research Award.
- International recipients of the Humboldt Foundation Award are also eligible to submit submissions in collaboration with a German-based researcher.
- Researchers who have made fundamental discoveries, developed novel theories, or made findings that have had an impact on their discipline beyond their immediate research area and who will continue to work on creating research-based solutions to the unique problems facing developing and emerging nations are eligible for nomination. The candidate must also fulfill the following requirements:
- The nominee’s academic accomplishments must be widely acknowledged and supported by relevant research successes.
- The applicant might not have previously been recognized for their academic achievements by the Humboldt Foundation.
- The candidate must be a national of a developing or post-industrial nation, with the exception of China and India (see list of nations). At the time of nomination, the candidate had to have spent at least five years working and residing in one of these nations.
- You cannot nominate yourself, your spouse/registered partner, or any other close relatives. Particularly qualified female researchers are encouraged to be nominated.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- For Nominations, Go Here
- To learn more, go to the AVHF website.
Please click the Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany 2022-23, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the Georg Forster Research Scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany?
- It is a Postgraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here