This is to bring to your notice the application window for International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take Law courses at Columbia Law School
- International Students are eligible
- All masters and Fellowship applicants are eligible
The Columbia Law School Fellowship is intended to assist Columbia University LL.M. candidates who exhibit remarkable dedication and the potential to use their education to advance human rights practice and/or scholarship.
Application deadline is December 18, 2022.
The International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- Law courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for the International Law Fellowship
- Latin America
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university for the International Law Fellowship
- Human Rights Law Masters Fellows will attend special events with top human rights advocates and academics and have the chance to take part in the Human Rights Institute’s cutting-edge research projects. Fellows will also receive individualized training in skills and career mentoring in both practice and academic scholarship from Human Rights Institute faculty, staff, and advisers.
- Fellows will also receive special consideration for admission to Columbia University’s Human Rights Clinic, a ground-breaking course where students learn to be strategic, imaginative, and critical human rights advocates while pursuing social justice in collaboration with civil society and communities, as well as while advancing human rights methodologies and scholarship.
- Fellows are expected to focus heavily on human rights during their time at Columbia and to actively participate in the Law School’s thriving human rights community.
International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24 is primarily for masters and Fellowship programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24
- In order to qualify for the Columbia Law School Human Rights LL.M. Fellowship, candidates must first satisfy the requirements for admission and be accepted into the program.
- Candidates must exhibit knowledge of international human rights issues as well as a dedication to a career in the subject, whether in human rights practice or academia.
- Candidates from Africa, Asia, and Latin America are especially invited to apply, as are those who experience barriers to leadership and education due to their race, ethnicity, religion, socioeconomic status, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Admission requirements for candidates from law schools in other countries include a first degree in law.
- Even if it is followed by a master’s degree in law, a degree in a subject other than law is typically insufficient for entrance. The admission of candidates with legal degrees obtained through correspondence education or distant learning is not permitted.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- A second, brief essay of one to two pages outlining the applicant’s qualities for the fellowship; and A completed application for admission to the LL.M. program through LSAC. Candidates should talk about their present and former work in human rights, their passion for and dedication to the industry, their career aspirations, and their vision for human rights. Letters of Recommendation that discuss the applicant’s previous work and potential as a human rights advocate, scholar, and/or practitioner should be submitted together with the essay in the Human Rights LL.M. Fellowship part of the LSAC online application. If the two letters of reference include the applicant’s work and dedication to human rights, they may be utilized for the Fellowship application.
- A third letter of recommendation from a professor or human rights practitioner who can comment in-depth on the applicant’s commitment to, experience with, and future plans in the field of human rights may be submitted through the LSAC online application in the event that one or both of the letters of recommendation for the LL.M.
- Program application do not speak to those aspects of the applicant’s background and future interests. By giving the selection committee a clear picture of your financial situation, you help it decide how much aid each Fellow should get and increase the number of Fellowships it can provide each year.
Please click the International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA 2023-24, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the International Law Fellowship Program at Columbia Law School, USA ?
- It is a masters and Fellowship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at Columbia Law School
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here