This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24 has now been opened for the general public to apply.
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial.
- All the following courses offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All graduate applicants are eligible
The University is dedicated to cultivating leaders, scholars, and global citizens. This commitment is embodied in our renowned scholarship programs: the Jefferson Scholars and the Walentas Scholars.
These initiatives provide exceptional undergraduates with substantial financial support, opportunities for talent growth, and encouragement for community involvement. Through these programs, students gain access to a vast network of scholars, fellows, alumni, and volunteers, enabling them to excel academically and contribute meaningfully to society.
- The application deadline is November 15, 2023.
The Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the courses below at the respective faculties:
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
The university will provide all of the following:
- Full tuition and fees covered.
- Health insurance provided.
- $20,000 living stipend.
- Potential $7,000 stipend for various purposes related to the MBA program.
Unique Feature: Personalized Mentorship
- Each Fellow establishes a one-on-one relationship with a distinguished Darden professor.
- This advisor guides them in their independent research project throughout the MBA program.
- The selection of the faculty advisor is made prior to the start of the first year.
The Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24 is for graduate applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24:
- Invitations sent out in late summer.
- Darden School nominates candidates from Early Action and first application rounds.
- International students apply in Darden’s Early Action round for Jefferson Fellows Competition consideration.
Fellowship Application Process:
- Potential personal interview in the first round of review.
Jefferson Fellows Competition:
- Case discussion led by a Darden faculty member.
- Two-day visit to UVA’s historic Grounds and Darden School of Business.
- Activities include observing an MBA class, touring Grounds, and meeting faculty, admin, and current students.
- Evening dinner with distinguished UVA and Darden alumni and special guests.
- Panel interview during the competition..
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Jefferson and Walentas Scholarships are awarded to individuals who have undergone a rigorous selection process and who possess an exceptional record of and the potential for impact both inside and outside the classroom. The selection process has three main components: Nomination, Regional Review, and Final Selection.
- Learn more here
Please click the Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Jefferson Fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA
- It is a graduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by University of Virginia.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International and domestic applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here