This is to bring to your notice the application window for the LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take arts courses at University of New Mexico
- Domestic students are eligible
- All Undergraduate applicants are eligible
The US Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships call for applications for the spring of 2023, and the Latin American & Iberian Institute (LAII) at the University of New Mexico is happy to announce it.
These scholarships are designed to encourage language study and research in the regions of Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or Iberia and are open to undergraduate students enrolled at the Center for Latin American and Border Studies (CLAS), which is linked with LAII.
Application deadline is December 20, 2022.
LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- Foreign Language
- Area Studies
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- After the first census date, the student will get $3,500 in the first year and $2,500 per semester after that.
- The award is valid for a maximum of eight payments.
LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24 is primarily for Undergraduate applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24:
- US nationals, citizens, and lawful permanent residents
- Any UNM undergraduate studying full-time may apply.
- Students seeking careers in US government service, STEM students, and professional school students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- While holding the fellowship, participants must finish 1 Portuguese, Quechua, Nahuatl, or Yucatec Maya course at UNM and 1 Latin American area studies (non-language) course.
- Recipients who are undergraduate students must be willing to learn a language at the intermediate or advanced level.
- Although all students are invited to apply, consideration will be given to those who can show a financial need among those who are equally qualified. In order to share their financial need information with LAII, candidates should complete a Financial Need Analysis Request Form and submit their FAFSA as soon as possible to UNM’s Office of Financial Aid.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Fill out the application at to apply. and submit your documents digitally. Additionally, ask your recommender to send a letter of support to LAII through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the LAII Undergraduate Fellowships at University of New Mexico, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the LAII Undergraduate Fellowship at University of New Mexico, USA ?
- It is an Undergraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at University of New Mexico.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only domestic applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here