It is an established fact that there are millions of scholarship opportunities. This includes both the genuine and the fake ones. At Jevemo, we strive to seive the best and truest of scholarship opportunities for our readers.
Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships at the Royal Holloway University of London checks all the boxes and as such, fit for all high achieving student in search of scholarship opportunities
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about the Scholarship Programme
- Funding is partial
- They take all Msc courses at Royal Holloway University of London
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All PhD students are eligible
Professor Mike Walker OBE is an household name linked with the Royal Holloway’s Information Security Group (ISG). 1966 kickstarted Professor Walker’s lengthy academic involvement with Royal Holloway began after he finished his BSc in Mathematics before becoming the second PhD student to be supervised by Professor Fred Piper, who was the then founder of the ISG, with whom Professor Walker would have a lifelong relationship. In 1973, he earned his Ph.D.
Professor Walker retained a strong interest in academic research throughout his career in industry, and he held the Vodafone chair as Professor of Telecommunications at Royal Holloway as part of the ISG for many years. Professor Walker was crucial in the establishment of the ISG Smart Card Centre in 2002, which is still operational today.
The Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships at the Royal Holloway University of London, UK 2022 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving international and domestic students
The Application Deadline is July 11, 2022.
The Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships at the Royal Holloway University of London, UK 2022 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving international and domestic students is only available for the course below:
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Finance
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Mathematical Sciences
Students from nationalities are eligible
Scholarship Award Benefit
Successful applicants of the Royal Holloway University of London Scholarship scheme are awarded £12,000 as tuition fee discount.
This is primarily set up for postgraduate and research students at the Royal Holloway University of London.
Number of Awards
This is not specified
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- Must have a minimum I’d second class upper degree or its equivalent. Also, potential applicants must display and submit proof of financial instability(this would be clearly highlighted during application)
- You must be been offered an admission spot at the Royal Holloway University of London for any of the programs below:
MSc Information Security
MSc Information Security with a Year in Industry
MSc Computer Science by Research
MSc Artificial Intelligence
MSc Computational Finance
MSc Data Science and Analytics
MSc Machine Learning
MSc Mathematics for Applications
MSc Mathematics of Cryptography and Communications
- Students most tender a strict 400 word supporting statement. Any statement above 400 automatically gets disqualified
- List academic achievements and other leadership roles you have held in the past.
- Reasons for putting in for the particular degree of your choice
- Future aspirations and how the scholarship program will help you
- Your most recent grades and transcript needs to be tendered as well
To apply, all arranged and organzed step has been highlighted on the scholarship application link.
Click Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships at the Royal Holloway University of London, UK 2022 to apply
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here