This is to bring to your notice the application window for the African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at the European Space Agency
- International students are eligible
- All PhD or Master’s applicants are eligible for the African Research Fellowship Program
The African Researchers Fellowship (ARF) program, run in collaboration by the African Union Commission and the European Space Agency, is happy to announce that it will support African students for the 2023–2024 academic year.
The Fellowship program is accessible to African Researchers with excellent academic standing in their PhD or Master’s degrees and a wealth of research experience. The chosen candidates will get educational funding for four African researchers for a fellowship of one year.
Application deadline is March 31, 2023.
African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- Sustainable soil management (e.g., cover crops). Applicants must have demonstrated experience in this area.
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- African countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Four African researchers will get one-year fellowships funded by the European Space Agency to collaborate on projects with ESA scientists at the ESA-ESRIN headquarters in Frascati (Rome, Italy).
African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24 is for PhD or Master’s students.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24:
- Applicants must submit a one-year R&D plan that supports the management of water resources and food security. Submissions on smallholder needs (such as farming, agricultural water use, regenerative agriculture, water productivity, irrigation systems, nutrients management, infestations) or on coastal processes (such as ecosystems, coastal waters, coastal geomorphology, and change, coastal urbanization, tourism…) and fisheries (such as aquaculture, habitat suitability, blooms, and implications of climate change) are particularly encouraged.
- The work will be organized and in line with the EO AFRICA R&D Initiative, which gives the chosen African research fellows training opportunities and access to scientific resources.
- Research fellows will have access to a broad variety of experience and knowledge thanks to the EO AFRICA Space Academy and its Digital Campus.
- The EO AFRICA Innovation Lab will enable the African research fellows to conduct direct research collaborations with European researchers.
- Those who are interested in this opportunity must submit an application that will be taken into account for this fellowships program.
- Documents in Support: The following paperwork must be submitted by the students:
- CV for a research proposal that includes a list of recent publications. A CV and publication list must be included in a document that is no more than three pages long.
- ID copy, PhD or master’s degree scan, and two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Applicants have a Doctorate or a Master’s degree and have done a lot of research.
- The candidates must have a strong command of the English language.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Students must first submit an application for admission. Students who satisfy the qualifying requirements for the scholarship will be taken into consideration based on their admission application.
- Supporting records: The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Scholarship applications
- English-speaking outcomes
- a transcript of grades
- Certificates of marriage, name changes, and identification
- degree transcripts
- Entry requirements: The candidates must possess a three-year bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, such as medical informatics, computer science, machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence, data science, bioinformatics, or applied machine learning.
- Language prerequisite: The following English language proficiency exams’ results must be submitted by the students:
- IELTS – 6.5
Please click the African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
African Research Fellowship Program at European Space Agency, France ?
- It is a PhD or Master’s position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at the European Space Agency.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here