This is to bring to your notice the application window for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take music at all accredited german colleges of music
- International and domestic Students are eligible
- All Masters, Short course/Training applicants are eligible
You can finish this study program if you want to. A Master’s degree, postgraduate degree, or supplemental course at a state German music institution of your choice that does not result in a final qualification and is not an undergraduate course. It is possible to pursue postgraduate studies in the so-called 2nd cycle, which typically leads to a four-semester Master’s degree, or a 3rd cycle, which typically lasts two semesters (concert examination, masterclass or PhD in an artistic subject).
This program only provides funding for artistic endeavors. For applicants in the fields of musicology, music education, or musicians with a scientific project, further DAAD scholarship programs are available..
Application deadline is September 29, 2022 for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship:
The DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- 850 euros per month in payments
- travel funding
- one-time study grant
- payments for personal liability, health, and accident insurance
- The following extra advantages are possible for scholarship recipients in specific situations:
- monthly rent assistance
- Monthly stipend for accompanying family members
- The DAAD provides the following services to help scholarship holders learn German in order to get ready for their stay in the nation:
- Payment of tuition for up to six months following receipt of the scholarship award letter for the online course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com): Before the study tour, there is a language course (2, 4 or 6 months long); the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long based on the project and participants’ German language proficiency.
- If German is the working or primary language at the German host institution, enrollment in a language course is required.
- payment for a course in your preferred language during the scholarship period
- Payment of the TestDaF test fees that were paid after receiving the scholarship award letter in the applicant’s place of residence or before the funding period’s conclusion in Germany.
- For scholarship recipients who have already taken a language course, the cost of a DSH exam taken within the scholarship period may be refunded as an alternative to the TestDaF.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23 is primarily for Masters, Short course/Training programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23
- By the time they begin their study program supported by a scholarship, international applicants must at the very least have earned their first university degree in the field of music; if this is not possible, they must have at least finished all available options for instrument training in their home country.
- Applicants should typically have completed their final exams no more than six years prior to the application deadline.
- Age restrictions for entrance are determined by the individual college of music, and may vary depending on the applicant’s academic standing and preferred discipline.
- No consideration will be given to applicants who have been residing in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline.
- Funding for the study abroad portion of a Master’s or postgraduate degree program where the scholarship holder is enrolled is typically only possible under the following circumstances: – The study visit is necessary for the achievement of the scholarship objective; – The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. – The study term does not take place in the home country; longer periods are not eligible for funding, even in part.
- Language: Music applicants must at least have a working grasp of the language of instruction required by the university of their choice by the time their scholarship is set to begin.
- Your application should state how close you are to achieving the level of language proficiency necessary by the university if you do not yet have it at the time of application. Utilize the funding options outlined under “Value” after receiving a scholarship award.
- The ultimate choice about music scholarships is determined by a special DAAD committee made up of academics from German music colleges. Written applications and required sound recordings serve as the foundation for the judgment.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship:
- It is crucial to review all of the application requirements on the Award Webpage (see Link below) before submitting an application.
Please click the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany 2022-23, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship, Germany ?
- It is a Masters, Short course/Training position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at all accredited german colleges of music
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here