This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is not full
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International students students are eligible
- All undergraduate applicants are eligible
The Florida International University (FIU) First Year Merit Scholarship for the 2023-24 academic year is an opportunity that underscores the university’s commitment to rewarding academic excellence. These merit-based scholarships are highly competitive, requiring applicants to demonstrate an impressive track record of academic achievement. To even qualify for consideration, students must have consistently excelled in their studies, showcasing a strong commitment to their education.
FIU’s First Year Merit Scholarships serve as a testament to the institution’s dedication to supporting and nurturing exceptional talent. As such, they provide deserving students with a chance to ease the financial burden of pursuing higher education. These scholarships not only recognize academic prowess but also encourage and empower students to continue striving for excellence in their academic pursuits, fostering a culture of achievement and success at FIU.
- Application deadline is December 4, 2023
The Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
1. Presidential Premier Scholarship
- Benefit: 100% tuition and fees coverage
- Additional Benefit: Book stipend
2. Ambassador Premier Scholarship
- Benefit: 75% tuition and fees coverage
- Additional Benefit: Book stipend
3. National Merit Scholarship
- Benefit: Full coverage of tuition, fees, room and board
- Limit: Up to the cost of attendance as published by the Office of Student Financials
4. FIU College Board National Recognition Programs Scholarship (African American, Hispanic, Indigenous, or Rural and Small Town Recognition)
- Benefit: Full tuition coverage
- Additional Benefits: Stipend for books and $1000 stipend towards the meal plan each semester
The Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24:
- Presidential Premier – Students with 4.0 GPA and 1370 SAT / or 30 ACT.
- Ambassador Premier – Students with 4.0 GPA and 1280 SAT or 27 ACT.
- National Merit – Students who qualify for Presidential/Ambassador scholarships and are selected as a finalist.
- FIU College Board National Recognition Programs (African American, Hispanic, Indigenous, or Rural and Small Town Recognition) – Students who qualify for Presidential/Ambassador scholarships and are selected as a finalist.
For General Requirements:
- Be a newly admitted FIU first year student
- Meet academic eligibility listed above
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Write an essay response to a prompt
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
1. Visit FIU Scholarship Search
- Access applications, deadlines, requirements, and award notifications for various scholarships.
- Scholarships are removed once their deadlines have passed.
- FIU sends scholarship award notifications via email.
2. Scholarship Renewal and Appeal at OneStop
- Students can renew or appeal scholarships through OneStop.
- Students are eligible for only one merit scholarship.
- Merit scholarships can be combined with federal funds, private scholarships, Florida Bright Futures, and Florida Pre-paid.
- Merit scholarships cover tuition for specified terms but do not apply to graduate credits or accelerated programs.
3. Test Score Submission
- Applicants must have SAT/ACT scores sent directly to FIU during registration.
- The last SAT date considered for scholarship eligibility is October 7, 2023, and the last ACT date is September 10, 2023.
- All supporting credentials and a completed application should be received by the scholarship application deadline.
Please click the Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarship, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Florida International University First Year Merit Scholarships, USA
- It is an undergraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Florida International University
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for domestic applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here