This is to bring to your notice the application window for the GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses at participating universities
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All Masters and PhD applicants are eligible
The Irish Research Council’s Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, often known as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, supports master’s and doctorate candidates in any field who are actively engaged in or plan to engage in full-time research.
Several specialized scholarships are provided in association with key financial allies.
Application deadline is October 13, 2022.
The GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- a yearly payout of €16,000
- an annual contribution to fees, up to a maximum of €5,750, including non-EU costs.
- yearly allowable direct research costs of €2,250
GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24 is primarily for Masters and PhD applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24:
- possess a first class, upper second class, or comparable honors bachelor’s degree.
- The Council may grant a provisional offer of a scholarship if the results of the applicant’s undergraduate exams are unknown at the time of application, provided that the scholar’s bachelor’s degree or comparable degree outcome is a first class or upper second-class honors.
- A scholar must hold a master’s degree if they don’t already have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s degree or the equivalent. The Council’s decision on a candidate’s candidacy based on these requirements is final;
- must not have submitted two rejected program applications in the past, including ones including strategic partner topics.
- This comprises applications submitted since 2010 to the Government of Ireland Scholarship Program, formerly administered by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences, and the EMBARK Program, formerly administered by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology;
- candidates must not have, or have ever had, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship in the case of applications for a research master’s scholarship;
- In order to be eligible to apply for a doctorate degree scholarship, candidates must presently have or have ever held any Council Postgraduate Scholarships that would have prevented them from earning a research master’s degree.
- Depending on their nationality and place of residence, applicants will fall into one of two groups. Candidates for category one must fulfill BOTH of the following requirements:
- be a citizen of one of the following countries: Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, or the European Union
- having lived regularly for three of the five years before October 1, 2021, in one of the following countries: Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- To determine if they are eligible to apply, prospective candidates should carefully read the 2022 Call Documents, including the FAQ and Terms & Conditions.
- The application, supervisor, and referee forms are supplied in indicative form only for informational purposes. The online system is used by all participants to create and submit their forms.
Please click the GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the GofI Scholarships for International Students, Ireland?
- It is a Masters and PhD position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at participating universities
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here