Four prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program. UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships each year across all four awards. The team will automatically consider you for the awards that you are eligible for. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
All 400+ specialization, which includes both major and minor programs.
The level of scholarships awarded varies each year.
Number of Available Scholarships
The number of scholarships awarded varies each year.
- A competitive high school a
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
January 15th, 2022.
Students can access the Entrance Awards application on their SquareOne portal, after they have applied f
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the IMES.
You will be considered for this scholarship shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.