This is to bring to your notice the application window for International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23
Listed below are the summarized points you need to note about International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23:
- Funding is partial
- They take materials chemistry and photonic materials or natural sciences at the University of Groningen
- International Students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
For the academic year 2022–2023, the University of Groningen is glad to offer overseas candidates PhD positions in materials chemistry and photonic materials.
As a member of the Lerch group, the prospective PhD student will participate in an international, multidisciplinary team and work in a dynamic, creative, and cooperative research environment. As a member of the Lerch group, the prospective PhD student will participate in an international, multidisciplinary team and work in a dynamic, creative, and cooperative research environment.
Application deadline is September 15, 2022 for the International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen
The International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below:
- Materials chemistry and photonic materials or natural sciences.
Students from the following nationalities are eligible for International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen
- All countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- a wage for a full-time working week of €2,541 gross per month in the first year and €3,247 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An yearly holiday allowance of 8% of gross salary plus a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- The chosen applicant will initially be given a temporary post for one year with the possibility of extension for another three years for a full-time position (1.0 FTE) of four years. If enough progress is made in the first year to suggest that the PhD thesis should be successfully finished within the next three years, the contract may be extended.
- The agreement includes a PhD training program, and the chosen candidate will enroll in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.
International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23 is primarily for PhD programs.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23
- Evidence of research expertise in optical characteristics, organic synthesis, heterogeneous catalysis, polymer chemistry, or nanoscience.
- An interest in research problems that are pertinent to industry, being a good team player, and having excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Willingness to learn new skills, such as 3D modeling, rudimentary programming, and device prototyping.
- The development of scientific autonomy and the completion of research projects are expectations for PhD students. Enthusiastic Ph.D. students keep up with industry changes, proactively share research findings, mentor B.Sc. and M.Sc. students, and work well in teams and cross-disciplinary collaborations. Since this study is a component of a wider multilateral initiative on smart coatings, the student will actively communicate with consortium industrial partners and PhD colleagues.
- Proposals from women in science and others from underrepresented groups are particularly welcomed.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Applicants must apply for admission to the university’s PhD degree program in order to be considered for this opportunity. Applications for the PhD Scholarship can be submitted individually online.
- Needed Papers: The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- a motivational letter (cover letter) outlining your reasons for applying for the position and your most important qualifications for it.
- modernized curriculum vitae
- a thorough recommendation letter
- Diplomas (BSc and MSc) and a record transcript
- Two academic references’ contact details are provided.
- Entry requirements: An M.Sc. in nanoscience, chemistry, physics, materials sciences, or an equivalent degree, is required of applicants.
- Language prerequisite: Candidates who do not speak English as their first language must provide proof of their English proficiency.
Please click the International PhD Studentships at the University of Groningen, Netherlands 2022-23, to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
What is the International PhD Studentship at the University of Groningen, Netherlands ?
- It is a PhD Studentships position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at the University of Groningen
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only international applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here