Dr. Shekira Yahaya, a young Ghanaian lady, graduated as the University for Development Studies’ 22nd Congregation Ceremony’s Overall Best Medical Student (UDS).
With seven prizes earned by Dr. Shekira Yahaya and just two going to other School of Medicine students, Yahaya essentially swept all recognition in the institution.
According to the institution, 110 undergraduate students graduated from UDS with first-class honors in November.
The following awards were given to Dr. Shekira Yahaya:
1. Best Overall Medical Student
2. Mr. Poku Prize for Best Medical Student in Paediatrics and Child Health
3. Ghana Medical Association Award for Overall Best Medical Student
4. Vice Chancellor Award for Best Student in MBChB
5. Dean’s Award for Overall Best Graduating Medical Student
6. Dr. Sory Prize for Best All-round Graduating Medical Student
7. Registrar’s Award for Best Student in MBChB
Dr. Shekira Yahaya did herself proud by graduating from the esteemed university with seven coveted honors, including the Ghana Medical Association Award for Overall Best Medical Student and the Mr. Poku Prize for Best Medical Student in Paediatrics and Child Health.
Drs. Agyemang Eric and Sabeng Marfo Patience also took home the Dr. Patricia Turner Prize for Occupational Medicine and the Dr. Bill Turner Prize for Best Family Medicine Student on the day.
CTA on Shekira Yahaya’s Story
Jevemo monitors scholarship possibilities throughout the globe so that we can let you know when one becomes available and remind you.
There are several scholarships available right now in Europe, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada on our website. Feel free to check them out.